[OT, maybe] Starting with the Autotools

Hello,

I'm starting with The Autotools.

After Googling & reading some online documentation I don't reach to understand how manage "the data files". I mean... My application (that links gtk+ libraries...) uses some PNG image files but I don't know how integrate them in the mechanism of the autotools.

* Maybe the PNG files (as data files) must be in an specific directory in the project...

* Maybe there are an specific instructions either in "configure.ac" or in "Makefile.am"...
mostly in order to copy them to the destination directory after "make install". In fact, I don't know if it's possible to generate automatically the "copy process" also for these PNG files from the "--prefix" configure option value.

Sorry if it's not a very Gtk+ specific question... but a programming related one and I'll be very glad of you to receive some ideas.

Thanks a lot in advance,

S.