Re: Automated Gtk application testing on embedded platform

From: Harinandan S <harinandans gmail com>
Subject: Automated Gtk application testing on embedded platform
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 08:39:17 +0530

> Hi All,
> I am using Gtk over DirectFB on embedded linux platform. Is there any way of
> running automated test of my application?
>
> I have different types of widgets such as buttons, text box, combo box, spin
> button, check button, tree views. Is there any tool to automate testing of
> my application?

If your widgets are Gtk based you could use a a11y based automated framework,
like dogtail [1], strongwind [2] or ldtp [3].

In the same way, recently a new gnome team was created related with automated
testing [4], you could take a look to that.

Focused on embedded linux platforms, related to the hildon framework (that
uses HAIL additionally to GAIL), you could take a look to the hildon test
framework [5]. There are some time that I don't take a look here, so I don't
know if this is updated.

BR

[1] http://people.redhat.com/zcerza/dogtail/
[2] http://medsphere.org/community/project/strongwind