Re: wipe effect in a widget

The gtk-demo application is having the wipe style used in "Image" section as progressive load. Alternatively if you want to get your hands dirty...
you can
  1. Load the image into a pixbuf
  2. use a timer to call a draw function
  3. inside the draw function
    1. create a cairo context
    2. use Gdk::Cairo::set_source_pixbuf to select the pixbuf with image as the source of this new cairo context
    3. progressively draw rectangle on the target drawing area