Re: GTK+ 2.16.2 released - build issue for Mac OS X 10.5.7/Intel

Paul,

FWIW, the problem cleared after a reboot.

On Jun 3, 2009, at 8:36 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Marius Schamschula
Hi all,

When I tried building GTK+ 2.16.2 on my Mac OS X 10.5.7 Intel machine I had
the following failure:

Writing a gdk-pixbuf.loader file to use when running examples before
installing
gdk-pixbuf.
dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
 Referenced from:
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
 Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib

this is a relatively common error with OS X builds of GTK. its been a
long time since i encountered it, but it basically means that your
build was done in the wrong environment - you have at least one extra
version of libjpeg floating around - one was used in the build and the
other is being found at run time. you might want to look into either
removing the extra one or looking into DYLD_FALLBACK_PATH.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula