Re: GtkWarning: gtk_button_box_set_child_secondary: assertion `child->parent == GTK_WIDGET (widget)' failed

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Gerald Britton<gerald britton gmail com> wrote:
[...]
> 1. when and why is the method gtk_button_box_set_child_secondary
> called by the add_from_file method?

The fastest and easiest way to find out whats going on is to follow
Paul's advice and simply run it once in gdb with a breakpoint on g_log.

Thats what I would do to pinpoint exactly whats going on.
(it could be a malformed Glade file and maybe a bug in Glade,
it could also mean a bug in GTK+ parsing GtkButtonBox's).

> 3. Can the text of the error message be changed to include the name of
> the widget that has the problem, if available?

Yes, you should ask the GTK+ team to do that by filing a bug against
gtk+:GtkBuilder, those messages can trigger without GtkBuilder parsing
the UI but in that case gtk_buildable_get_name() will still return the
widget's class name by default.

Cheers,
         -Tristan