GTK+ 2.17.5 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.17.5 released
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 23:22:01 -0400
GTK+ 2.17.5 is now available for download at:
This is a development release leading up to GTK+ 2.18.
* This is an unstable development release.
It has had only little testing and there are unfinished
features and plenty of bugs in this release. It should
definitively not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GTK+ 2.16. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GTK+ 2.16.
* GTK+ 2.18 will be source and binary compatible with
the GTK+ 2.16 series; however, the new API additions
are not yet finalized, so there may be incompatibilities
between this release and the final 2.18 release.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
GTK+ is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.17.4 to 2.17.5
* Client-side windows:
- Quite a few fixes have happened for the win32 and directfb backends
- Accessors have been added for sealed members in GtkCellRenderer and
* Changes that are relevant for distributors:
- The jpeg2000 pixbuf loader is now optional. Pass --with-libjasper
to configure to build it
* Bugs fixed
588373 Menus broken by client-side-windows
588379 testgtk::panes does not change the cursor on mouse over
588388 shape rendering is back
588461 gtk_editable_get_chars() behaviour change in 2.17.4
588666 Incorrect clamping of max_length
588665 insert-text signal is not emitted
588395 Crash when opening a GtkBuilder file
524066 Mandatory jpeg2000?
527583 GtkAssistant should set buttons as default widget
588694 Missing % in C code
588484 Iconview DnD fails when Destination is empty
583522 Trivial error in GtkBuilder migration documentation
150951 collapsed save dialog needs to indicate filesystem...
* Updated translations:
Thanks to all contributors:
Tristan Van Berkom
July 17, 2009
] [Thread Prev