Re: assertion atom != GDK_NONE failed

Michael Natterer schrieb:
On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 15:13 +0200, Jochen Roderburg wrote:
Hi gtk-experts,

After upgrading glib/gtk to the latest versions glib-2.20.3 and gtk+-2.16.2 on a Linux system I keep getting tons of messages from Mozilla programs (firefox/seamonkey):

Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_x11_atom_to_xatom_for_display: assertion `atom != GDK_NONE' failed

Despite the term "critical" I see nothing wrong in the programs themselves, just these messages are cluttering the console window where the programs were started.

The warning has no effect on the application, and has been
fixed already. The fix will be in the next gtk+ release.

ciao,
--mitch

So, I have been patiently waiting. Now the next GTK release (2.16.4) is out and the "problem" is still there, nothing seems to have been fixed. I don't see the issue mentioned in the NEWS file and the flood of messages has not disappeared. And I have seen meanwhile that it happens with every GTK program.

Regards, J.Roderburg