Cache GtkTreeView columns

Hi, Guys,

In the embedded arena,  I create a list using GtkTreeView, each row having icon and text, and then I scroll up and down the list.  The performance is not good since the GtkTreeView need to create and paint its exposed rows again and again. It is heavy for embedded processors.

Could it be possible that some GtkTreeView columns could be cached, say that 3 times of the visible rows are cached offscreen.  When I scroll up and down, and an expose event occurs, some rows are already there and they only need to be copied to screen.

Regards
Yijun