gtk installation problem

Hi there,

 I have a problem installing Gtk+-2.14.7
when I run the ./configure command, it returns the error saying
 No package 'atk','pango','cairo' found.

I have installed all the new versions of abve packages but still it couldnt fined the path.

it is asking for adjusting pkg_config_path which I dont know how to do it...
Can you please guide me step wise with commands how to fix this...It would be a great help since I am in a hurry for doing my proect work.

Thanks
Ashish