Re: A little app to begin

Le Fri, 06 Feb 2009 14:50:54 +0300,
"Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)" <mihamina lab vectoris fr> a écrit :

> Hi,
> I would like to write a little application to begin with GTK.
> My idea would be a little application to automatically transfert a
> picture to an FTP server.
> It would be usefulle for me when I try to upload a screen shot:
> - I take the screenshot
> - I store it somewhere on my drive
> - I right-clik on the picture and "open it" with my little app
> - The "little application" will then display an HTTP (or FTP) where
> people can see it
> The "opening" would be about sending the picture
> It would have a dotfile where the FTP login/pass are stored.
>
> Too much ambitious for a biginner?
> What direction should I look into first?
>
> _One_ goal is to have it integrated to XFCE an/or Gnome _later_.
>
> Any advice?

Learn about the user custom actions, which are part of file managers
from xfce and gnome.  For Thunar check the project wiki, it has
documentation about them (http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki), and for
Nautilus I know it has it too but I don't use it.  With them you can
right click files and have them listed in the context menu.

Mike