Re: How to watch file descriptor activity via GMainLoop?

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Just use g_io_channel_add_watch(), which installs a GSource for you which
holds an internal reference to the io channel [ ... ]
Ah, yes, that will definitely be a lot simpler. I actually encountered "IO channels" in some open source code I read a while back, but apparently I had forgotten all about this in the meantime.

Thanks a lot for refreshing my memory ;-)

- Toralf

This email and any files contained therein is confidential and may contain privileged information.  If you are not the named addressee(s) or you have otherwise received this in error, you should not distribute or copy this e-mail or use any of its content for any purpose. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete it from your system