Re: Understanding failed assertions

17.12.09, 23:11, "Vikram Noel Ambrose" <noel ambrose gmail com>:
> Obviously the sample program is not functionally complete, but I cannot
> understand what causes these messages and how to rectify the problem.
> Does anyone know whats going on?

Try passing --g-fatal-warnings to your executables -- it causes abort()
on such warnings, so you can see backtrace.

$ gdb --args ./a.out --g-fatal-warnings

(in my experience, those warnings, although non-fatal by default, only
appeared when i did something wrong)

GtkTreeIter iter;
..
if(&iter==NULL)return; // :) always false; iter is on stack!

Checking return value of gtk_tree_selection_get_selected() solves
problem on my box.

--
Artur