Re: Compiling glib-2.20.5 on SnowLeopard

On Aug 31, 2009, at 10:43 PM, Andrew Stormont wrote:

I also had to do a similar thing to get glib-2.20.3 building on Nexenta. :(

I don't think USE_LIBICONV_GNU is getting defined properly (I configured with: --with-libiconv=gnu).
The point here is that /usr/lib/libiconv.dylib contains libiconv_open for the
architecture i386, but not for the architecture x86_64:
[BigMacSL:/usr/lib] tuexen% nm -arch x86_64 libiconv.dylib | grep libiconv_open [BigMacSL:/usr/lib] tuexen% nm -arch i386 libiconv.dylib | grep libiconv_open
000158cc T _libiconv_open
The same applies to Leopard. The only difference is that on certain platforms
SnowLeopard builds a 64-bit binary by default. So it is not really an
SnowLeopard vs. Leopard issue, but a 32-bit vs. 64-bit issue.

Using --with-libiconv=gnu fails since the configure script tests
whether libiconv_open is contained in libiconv, which is not the case.

Any idea how to fix this besides just disabling the plausibility check
for 64-bit Mac OS X applications?

Best regards
Michael

Andy.