Re: alpha color for transparency in GtkTreeViewColumn

I started a similar thread some weeks ago: http://www.mail-archive.com/gtk-list gnome org/msg28625.html

HTH

Sid Kapoor wrote:
We can set the color for an entire column by setting the "cell-background" attribute of the GtkCellRenderer for the specific column. But can we set the color with an alpha channel for transparency in the column. I want this so that the odd-even row color looks different even for the column I set the specific color. I do not want solid colors for my column. Is there any method to set transparency in the GtkTreeView column color ?