Gtk over directfb for multiple process

Hi All,

    I am a newbie to direct fb. I am trying to run two process simultaneously in Gtk over directfb . In first process i create a window with a button on it (window1). In the signal handler of the button i initiate another application (using execlp) which dispalys the second window with a button (window2). In the signal handler of second window's button, i am trying to hide the window2 and post a message to the window1 to show the first application window. Hiding of the window2 happens, but it doesn't display the window1.  Is this a problem related to window manager. How can i resolve this issue.

Regards
Sumanth