Re: Clutter and GTK

> On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 01:35 +0200, Diego Jacobi wrote:
>> Is it possible to draw all GTK stuff inside a Clutter surface?
>
> no.

And what is the current limitation to achieve this?

>> I want to try to develop some widgets with 3D animation (if available)
>> (like transitions in a tabbed browsing), and i have read that Clutter
>> cant create more than one Clutter-Gtk per window.
>
> no, multiple GtkClutterEmbed widgets can be added to the same window
> since release 0.8.0.
>
>> So i am guessing if there is some sort of feature to enable to draw
>> GTK completely inside of a Clutter window, and the widgets with its
>> own animation will create its own surface.
>
> no. gtk+ does not currently allow embedding into other toolkits; the
> client-side-window branch in git is the first step towards offscreen
> redirection and embeddability.

But a GtkWidget requires a TopLevel GdkWindow to do the drawings, and
a GdkPixmap is a compatible drawable. It will only require to write a
descendant of GdkWindow that draws to a Pixmap and requires no
xwindow. Then i dont know how will this surface get the mouse and
keyboard events.

> ciao,
>  Emmanuele.

Thanks.