Some questions and requests about Gio

I'm developing Ejecter, a small utility to unmount and eject devices
from the system tray (here its home page: http://launchpad.net/ejecter
)
It's written in Vala and uses Gio to handle operations on volumes and drives.

I'd like to know if there is (or is planned to be added) a way to know
the type of a device, because I should make internal partitions not
show up in Ejecter.

Also I have some bugs reported by the first user that I think can be
related to Gio or Hal (in case tell me if I'd better post on its
mailing list):
- Need for complete ejection of usb devices (e.g. my mp3 player is
still being charged after unmount) - don't know it is (already)
possible (http://bugs.launchpad.net/ejecter/+bug/278212)
- It would be nice if the error dialog informing that the device is
busy could display the name of the application using it
(http://bugs.launchpad.net/ejecter/+bug/275862)
- PalmOne Lifedrive seems to be not recognized by Hal/Gio
(http://bugs.launchpad.net/ejecter/+bug/275939)

Thank you very much

Best regards,
Federico