Re: freeing GTK+ memory

Hi

> I.e. it is not expected that a program that uses GLib and GTK+ will
> use their API, then stop using it but still keep running for a long
> time. Such a scenario would be the only case in which it would matter
> that GLib and GTK+ internal dynamically allocated data structures are
> still allocated even if unused when no GLib and GTK+ functionality is
> used any more.

never thought about that. Such a scenario must be very very rare.

> If you really plan to write such a program,

hell no, perhaps not now ... I don't think I'll ever write such a programm ;)
but the workaround sounds interesting, perhaps I'll take look at it after all (just curiosity about how such things work)

One question remains unanswered though: if I use gtk_widget_destroy then the memory for this widget (and children if
they exist) will be (automatically) freed by Gtk/Glib? Sometimes you really want to destroy a window/widget/whatever you
don't need anymore.

Regards
Pablo

--