Re: Opening a background window in a separate thread

On Sunday 30 November 2008, Ian Puleston wrote:
> This was in Win32 and I just found an old email from Tor saying not to try
> to use threads in Win32, so if that is the answer then I guess just ignore
> my question.

That is pretty much the answer - except that it's not restricted to Win32. GTK
is mostly "thread aware" and will usually work fine with other threads doing
other stuff, but you must always keep ALL the GTK calls (with one or two
useful exceptions) in the same thread. That applies on all OSes. There may be
additional difficulties with Win32 threads, but your original post referred
to creating a window from a second thread and that is never allowed.

Rob