Question regarding to GDK_POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK.

Hi,
  I'm writing an application which needs handle motion-notify-event on a widget. I found that scribble-simple code from gtk package does exactly what I want to do. So I read and tested this example, but found a strange thing: all motion events received by the handler are hint events (is_hint is true). There is no motion event which is_hint is false. Is it normal, or something wrong?

Regards
James Su