To: <gtk-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 7:39 PM
Subject: pangowin32 .la -> .lib

Hi,

I'm trying to build the win32 version of pango so that I can run it with
debug messages turned out to try to help track down a problem. I ran
configure and make, and with a little hacking got the make to complete
without errors (building in under msys). However what it has generated
is:

 lib/libpangowin32-1.0.dll.a
 lib/pangowin32-1.0.def
 lib/libpangowin32-1.0.la

But what comes with the pre-built Windows pango installation is:

 lib/libpangowin32-1.0.dll.a
 lib/pangowin32-1.0.def
 lib/pangowin32-1.0.lib

So, question, how do I generate the Windows .lib file from the .la file
that make has output?

And one other thing. After running configure pango-enum-types.h, which
says it is generated by glib-mkenums.h, had comment lines that looked as
below. I fixed these manually and then it built OK, but any idea why
they got like this?

  C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/* enumerations from "pango-attributes.h" *//n

Ian