Re: where are resources for the high level GUI design?

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Donny Viszneki <donny viszneki gmail com> wrote:
> I have had a similar problem. Although I have not personally had the
>  experience of feeling that the reference manual was overwhelming in
>  any way, I have had a hard time finding a good introduction to
>  implementing one's own widgets. My solution thus far has just been a
>  GtkDrawingArea, then i register various event handlers and such. I'm
>  not sure how to expose these widgets to Glade or libglade or anything
>  awesome.

Glade now has complete documentation concerning how to integrate your
widgets, its written for 3.5.x development version but also mostly applies
for 3.4.x as well (only thing is in >= 3.5.0, you can read/write the xml in
custom ways, and also add property editing widgets to the property editor,
pretty much everything else in the docs are valid for 3.4).

http://glade.gnome.org/docs/index.html

Cheers,
               -Tristan