Re: where are resources for the high level GUI design?
- From: "Tristan Van Berkom" <tvb gnome org>
- To: "Donny Viszneki" <donny viszneki gmail com>
- Cc: zengqiang <zengqianghit hotmail com>, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: where are resources for the high level GUI design?
- Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 16:31:03 -0300
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Donny Viszneki <donny viszneki gmail com> wrote:
> I have had a similar problem. Although I have not personally had the
> experience of feeling that the reference manual was overwhelming in
> any way, I have had a hard time finding a good introduction to
> implementing one's own widgets. My solution thus far has just been a
> GtkDrawingArea, then i register various event handlers and such. I'm
> not sure how to expose these widgets to Glade or libglade or anything
Glade now has complete documentation concerning how to integrate your
widgets, its written for 3.5.x development version but also mostly applies
for 3.4.x as well (only thing is in >= 3.5.0, you can read/write the xml in
custom ways, and also add property editing widgets to the property editor,
pretty much everything else in the docs are valid for 3.4).
] [Thread Prev