Re: checking for memory leaks in gtk

Hi,

Please have a look at my post "Glib hashtable memory leak" and let me know if the recipe given there works for you as well.

Regards,
Ovidiu

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Ionutz Borcoman <iborco gmail com> wrote:
On Friday 02 May 2008 11:34:29 am jcupitt gmail com wrote:
> When I valgrind my app and check for leaks, I let it run for a while
> before quitting, then check the output for repeated allocations. If I
> see the same thing being allocated several times and not freed I know
> I probably have a leak.

Actually my own leak are my greatest concern. The problem is that having those
leaks reported because of how glib caches data makes debugging your own code
harder.

Any recipe to easily spot or isolate your allocations/dealocations from those
from GTK/Glib?

How do you know the leak is because I haven't freed the memory or because I've
freed it, but Glib hasn't?

Thanx,

Johnny