RE: Query regarding drawing gtk_draw_rectangle API

gdk_gc_new(your_widget->window) will allocate a graphics context that you can use to draw a rectangle.  You should call gdk_gc_unref() when you are done with it.

Alternatively, you could just create a GtkEventBox and use gtk_widget_modify_bg().

-Anthony Vallone

From: gtk-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gtk-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of nisha jain
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 2:22 PM
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org; gtk-list gnome org
Subject: Fwd: Query regarding drawing gtk_draw_rectangle API

Hi All,

I have to create a simple box filled with some color.
I am using the gdk_draw_rectangle API but it takes
gc graphics Context parameter. I am not able to find out
proper values for gc. I saw the scribble.c program available
but it is not compiling using gcc. Does some one has some
application which is using gtk_draw_rectangle(). I have gone
through its documentation but i am not able to make a simple
function using it....

Please if any one knows how to use this function and parameters
passed to GdkGC explain it.

Regards,
Nisha