Re: Why GTK+ use C as API style?

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 09:27 +0800, 李西西 wrote:
> Hi, all:
>     When I saw the introduce of GTK+, it seemed that GTK+ have many
> new thought in it, like OO, component, etc. But, why GTK+ still use C
> style API, not an OO framework like WXwidgets?

Could it be that GTK is a C language API and WxWidgets is a C++ language
API? If you're asking why that is, its because people generally consider
it easier to bind other languages to C than to C++. for the wider GTK
community, the availability of Python, Perl, PHP, C++ and many other
bindings has become very significant.

If you prefer to use a C++ idiom/API, just use gtkmm: www.gtkmm.org.
I've been using GTK+ for 8 years and i've never use the C API unless i
was forced to.

--p