statically linking GTK+ over DirectFB - errors while loading Pango

Hi All,

I am using GTK+ 2.12.2 over DirectFB 1.1.1. When i statically link my application, it starts and after DirectFB initializes i get following errors from Pango for about 10 times and fonts do not appear and boxes appear in its place instead.

(GUI:1200): Pango-WARNING **: /home/ms-vvip/inst_dfb//lib/li
bpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: FcPatternDestroy

(GUI:1200): Pango-WARNING **: Failed to load Pango module '/
home/ms-vvip/inst_dfb//lib/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-basic-fc.so' for id 'BasicS
criptEngineFc'

I have installed pango 1.18.4. I did not see any problems while dynamically linking the applications.

There were no compile time errors while building the application. I also checked the pango.modules file and it was proper.

I also wonder why pango is trying to link to libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 while i have included libpangoft2-1.0.a while building my application.

Is there something i am missing out? Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Harinandan