GTK size and locale

Hi,

In packaging up my app into a Setup program for Windows, I follow the recommended norm and include the GTK libraries etc, with the setup, having it give an option for whether or not to install GTK (which it puts into a local directory where the app is installed). Well I noticed that after upgrading from an earlier version of GTK (I forget which but probably 2.8ish) the setup.exe program has grown from 5Mbytes to 12Mbytes.

So after a bit of hacking around I found that the bulk of the size is in the GTK package itself, and most of that, about 5Mbytes, is in the share/locale directory. Well I don’t use multi-language at all with my app, so I’ve added a line to my makefile to delete all the files from locale before adding in the GTK package, and now the resulting setup.exe file has come down from 12Mbytes to 7Mbytes.

Is there any good reason not to do this for a program that only ever needs to talk English and that installs its own local copy of GTK?

Ian