could not display images using gtk_image_new_from_file

Hi All,

In my application i've

image=gtk_image_new_from_file("a.png");

If i run the application on windows i see only a broken image though the file is present in the directory where the executable is present. I also tried giving absolute path such as C:\ but still it doesn't display image.

Whereas if i use the same code in linux platform i am able to see the image.

I have GTK+ 2.12.2 and have installed libjpeg, libpng both on windows and linux platforms.

What may be the reason that image is not being displayed?
--
Regards,
Harinandan S