Re: [gtk-list] RPM generation with gtk1

Hi,

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:44:00 +0530
<taraniteja vishwanatha wipro com> wrote:
>Now , I have a problem with building the rpm. My queries are :
>
>1. Can I have both gtk 1 and 2 in the same system??
>   If yes, Does the rpm take gtk2 by default??

In most case, the coexist of gtk1 & gtk2 is possible.
However, the virtual package name (Provides: xxx) in RPM
is dependent with the distributions. Some distribution
name as "gtk", other name as "gtk1". The virtual package
name for gtk2 is "gtk2" in most distributions, but I'm
afraid some distributions name "gtk". The installation of
"gtk"-named gtk1 RPM onto the distribution that names
gtk2 RPM as "gtk", the conflict may occur.

>2. I have taken the source code of gtk-1.2.10 and compiled it.
>   Do I need the rpm for the same. If yes, where can get that??

If you're looking for source rpm of gtk+-1.2.10, please
check Fedora project's source rpm repository. There is
gtk+-1.2.10-61.fc9.src.rpm.

>3. Where do I have make the appropriate changes for the rpm
>   to build with gtk 1??

I'm not sure what you want to do. You want to apply your
own patch to gtk+-1.2.10 source and make a RPM including
the patched binary executable?

Regards,
mpsuzuki