Expose glitch?

Hi!

I've created a transparent window with GTK under GNOME.

The problem I have is that when I first show the window I see for a short period of time an white opaque background inside my frame.

I've made my "top window" transparent painting it with Cairo inside the expose event.

I don't think this problem is Cairo related though because every GNOME window I see seems to have a small delay when first loaded. The expose event seems not to be triggered right away...

If I choose a "popup" window style for my window instead of "top level" this problem doesn't appear, its painted right away. But the "popup" style introduces a lot of undesired effects in my applications.

Can anybody help me please? This problem is really annoying especially for a transparent window!

Best Regards,
Alex