Re: gtk+-2.12.10 build error

Sergei,
  thanks for the permissions hint.  Though that wasn't the problem, since "make" itself creates the file, but I did discover that that the real error is:

"gtk-update-icon-cache: The generated cache was invalid."  which is given the first time "make" is executed.     Thereafter its always... the "file exists".

 So now the question is, why is gtk-update-icon-cache generating an "invalid cache" error, during a fresh "make" and how to fix it?

 Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

regards,
   dj