GMainLoop within apache

Hi there,

I'm writing a PHP binding for the libpurple (see more about it here
http://thinker.rubay.de/archives/20-PHPurple-v0.2-alpha-released.html). The
libpurple makes hard use of glib and is based on the GMainLoop.

Till now, each script using the binding must end with running the main loop
and as I'm understanding this means - the apache process will be replaced
with the main loops one. Additionally, the apache can run scripts using
multithreading, which would cause the complete crash for other scripts,
running in the same process in different threads. So, this all leads to the
thing, that the extension may not be used within apachen enviropment (neither
for php as module nor as cgi), because the result of something like thet
would be unpredictable.

Studiing the glib docs "'ve found out, that it isn't necessary to start
g_main_loop_new but the g_main_context_iteration can be used. Is this not the
same thing? May g_main_context_iteration be invoked within a thread without
crashing some other main loop. Is there a way to integrate the GMainLoop in
some other main loop otherwise?

I'll be obliged for any clarity brought into this question.

Regards

Anatoliy