GLib 2.0 + MinGW: Linking errors (?)

I am trying to compile my project with the glib-2.0 library in order to use some of its dynamic structures and file stat functions. However, when I try to compile my project, I get a slew (more than my buffer can hold) of errors from seemingly every glib *.h file that will not allow it to compile.

I have included glib-2.0 as “#include <glib-2.0/glib.h>” and compiled using the following line:

C:\mingw\bin\gcc.exe qcrawl-1.5.c  -Ic:/mingw/include/glib-2.0  -lregex -lglib-2.0

The letter before “c:/mingw” is an I (uppercase “eye”), not an l (lowercase “ell”). The letter before “regex” and “glib-2.0” is an l (lowercase “ell”). Replacing “glib-2.0” with just “glib” results in the same errors. Also, “-lregex” is for using the MinGW regex library port. Have I left out a compiler directive? Am I doing this in the wrong order? Should GLib only be used with C++, and not standard C?

I don’t know if it will help much, but here’s one of the lines from the error output (towards the end, as the rest scrolled past my buffer and I cannot direct it to a file using >):

C:/mingw/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtestutils.h:198: error: `g_test_add_vtable’ declared as function returning a function

There are tons more, but I figured I would include at least one.

Thanks!

Todd Boyd

Web Programmer