Re: GLib: wide-character gregex?

Boyd, Todd M. wrote:

Is there a regex package in GLib that is capable of searching/matching wide characters? It’s not absolutely crucial to my project, since at this point, there shouldn’t be any wide characters in any of the file contents… but for future reference, I would like to try and track down a wchar_t implementation of regex functions. I was hoping GLib already had them, but perhaps I am wrong.

Your best bet is http://www.pcre.org and to expect the text to be in UTF-8. Any files not in UTF-8 can be converted using something like iconv (http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/).

Messing about with wchar_t can get a little tricky at times.
--
Mark Leisher