Re: GTK+ themes on ARM linux - Performance issues

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Diego A. Fons <diegofons apexar com> wrote:
Harinandan S wrote:
Hi All,
 I tried using themes in GTK+ by installing one of the theme engine. I found that its performance is quite bad on ARM. Has anyone used themes with GTK+ on embedded ARM linux platform?
I tried a few but the time taken to draw widgets was way too much compared to the one without themes. I use GTK+ 2.12.2 on DirectFB 1.1.1

--
Regards,
Harinandan S

Hi,

I was dealing with themes on ARM. I've tested the default theme, i mean the pixman engine and the Clearlooks theme, both were a bit slow. I'm also was using DirectFB. Now i'm using X with a fully custom theme made with pixmap engine and rc files and performance is *much* better.
I don't know if it is what you are looking for, I think the problem is not the theme (or theme engine), I think the problem is DirectFB.

Are you using X on ARM?

I'm not sure how DirectFB can behave differently for default (Rayleigh) theme and others.It may be slow when using themes.

Is there any light theme which can just change the shapes of button, textboxes, comboboxes to rounded rectangles?

Regards,
Diego A. Fons.

--
Regards,