Re: Issue with vim and GtkFileChooser

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 17:37 +0200, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
> Hello,
> is there any workaround to prevent GTK from saving the recently
> used files list on leaving the GTK main loop? Or is there a
> possibility to disable this functionality on a per-application
> basis (I've learned that it will be possible to do so globally
> with GTK 2.14)?

you are trying to get around gtk+ to abuse it - I wouldn't expect gtk+
to accomodate the use coming from an application that's clearly abusing
how gtk+ works.

the GTK+ 2.x GUI for vim should really create a GMainLoop source that's
spinning the low-level main loop - or go the other way around, and spin
the main loop from within the low-level main loop, it's not really
important - instead of starting/spinning/stopping the main loop inside
the event handling code. as I said, that is abusing how gtk+ is supposed
to work.

there is a reason why gtk+ saves the recently used file and the
clipboard when the main loop level reaches zero: leaving the application
data in a consistent state.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--