Re: Issue with vim and GtkFileChooser

* Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> [2008-07-27 11:06]:
> yes, if the main loop level is 1 and main_quit() is called, the main
> loop level reaches 0 and 1. the clipboard is saved 2. the recently used
> files list is saved - the rationale being: usually a main loop level of
> 0 means that the application is quitting.

Thanks for the clarification.

> is gvim really calling gtk_main_quit() at each button/key press or
> motion event? in which case gvim is completely bonkers. why is it doing

Yes, it's all over the place in the event handlers in
http://vim.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vim/vim7/src/gui_gtk_x11.c?view=markup

> that? is there another main loop running? why can't gvim use the GLib
> main loop to spin the other main loop? the GLib main loop is pretty
> extensible - even QT supports the GLib main loop by default.
>
> as it is, gvim is pretty much abusing gtk+.

Well, I cannot really answer this, but as I wrote in the other
mail, vim is not a "native" GTK2 application. It has several
optional and interchangable GUIs such as GTK1, GTK2, Athena or
Motif. Its core does not use GLib.

I've already gotten back to Bram with this.
--
Guido Berhoerster