Re: Issue with vim and GtkFileChooser

Oh yeah, 1:0 for Occam ;)

2008/7/27 Milosz Derezynski <internalerror gmail com>
That does indeed mean it; it's what Emmanuele supposed and it turns out to be right.
It's rather strange for a gtk+ app to do this, is there some kind of other non-glib-based main loop running?

2008/7/26 Guido Berhoerster <guido+gnome.org@berhoerster.name>

* Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> [2008-07-26 17:56]:
> I have no idea. the FileChooser only job is to read the file to get the
> contents; I would expect to see a lot of read() operations.

Yes, it gets only written, after the dialog is closed.

> the only time when a gtk+ application writes to the recently used files
> storage and it's not calling the GtkRecentManager API directly is when
> the gtk+ main loop level reaches 0 - which is to say after the first
> gtk_main() call in the whole application returns (this is needed to
> ensure that the file is not left in an inconsistent state); all other
> writes are definitely explicit. I seriously doubt that vim spins the
> main loop and the stops it at every key press - it would be quite
> insane.

Thanks for the explanation, I'm not sure if I got it right, in
the eventhandlers there is often code like:
[...]
   if (gtk_main_level() > 0)
       gtk_main_quit();
[...]
If gtk_main_level() returns 1 and gtk_main_quit() is called, does
that mean that the recently used files list gets written?

--
Guido Berhoerster

Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is
retained for a period of six months.
[Bitte beachten Sie, dass dem Gesetz zur Vorratsdatenspeicherung zufolge
jeder elektronische Kontakt mit mir sechs Monate lang gespeichert wird.]

--