Re: Problem displaying image with alpha channel in a transparent window

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:38:51 +0200
Yann Droneaud <ydroneaud mandriva com> wrote:

>  At first, it seems to work, but in fact, as soon as you move the
>  picture using CTRL+Button 1, you will realize the problem: the
>  window's background is a snapshot of the root window (see post from
>  Matt Hoosier [2]), and is fixed for the window's lifetime.

I don't know if this will help you. I do Perl, and managed to do this
transparent window with image, maybe you can convert it to c?

I did notice the artifact problem when loading images that did not
have a pure black fill, but my example( created with Gimp) looks
clean.

I'm no expert, just hacked and got lucky, so don't ask too many
questions of me. :-)

zentara

http://zentara.net/Remember_How_Lucky_You_Are.html