From: fred <fred238 free fr>
To: gtk-list gnome org
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:45:11 PM
Subject: load a gtkimage from Bytes string

Hi all,

Is there a way to load a gtkimage from bytes string ? I tried with GdkPixbufLoader but no luck.

Regards,

Fred.

Yes, I already know that, but thanks.

I want to load from bytes strings (0x85 ...) not from file or something like Pixel + Mask Strings.

There is a command line utility for converting an image to a string

gdk-pixbuf-csource --raw someimage.png > someimage.h

You can then #include this into your program
i.e.

#include "someimage.h"

GdkPixbuf* pixbuf;

pixbuf = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_inline (-1, definedimage, FALSE, NULL); <-- look in the #include file for what 'definedimage' is really called; I forget.
g_assert(pixbuf != NULL);

gtk_image_new_from_pixbuf (pixbuf);