Re: g_main_loop

Just a guess, but I'd try putting a function in Thread 1 that emits the signal, but call
that function from Thread 2.  This way, Thread 2 controls when the signal is emitted,
but the signal is still handled by Thread 1.  Never actually tried this myself, though,
so I don't know for sure if one thread can call a function in another thread.

Ed James