Re: build problem: (gtk+-2.12.10 build error)

Thanks for your response Sergei.

Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh yahoo com> wrote:

> On what platform are you building ? I mean, what is the OS ?
>
> --Sergei.

Posix compliant cygwin: CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.25
The gtk version is:  gtk+-2.12.10

In answer to your other question.  No, this is not a permission problem.
> > GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE=../gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.loaders
> > ./gtk-update-icon-cache --force --ignore-theme-index                \
> >        --source builtin_icons stock-icons >
> > gtkbuiltincache.h.tmp &&        \
> >     mv gtkbuiltincache.h.tmp gtkbuiltincache.h
> > gtk-update-icon-cache: The generated cache was invalid.

True the program "gtk-update-icon-cache" seem to have a bug in it.  It does not
honor the option "--force".

Whether or no another bug exists in not honoring --ingore-theme-index  is another question.

But, I want to know why the build process get suckered into/ or bugged into building an invalid "cache" according to "gtk-update-icon-cache".  Clearly something is wrong.
There a bug and I want to track it down.  I should hope that the deveopers would as well.

The developers, should not the bugs (if not illuciate why not).  Good code, does not flunk like this.  It should at the very, very least. give some hints as to why it considers a "cache" to be invalid.  Then one can dig in a bit deeper to try to cure the
 illness, which in this case is a "make" crash.

regards,
  d.j.