Development Question - Win32 - GtkFileChooserDialog

(I hope I have the correct list.  A more narrow list said to use the main list and I hope this is the main list.)

GtkFileChooserDialog lists all drives on my computer but it doesn't list any of the networked computers.  Of course, the file desired is on another computer in the workgroup.

I can map another computer's drive as a network drive.  However, then all users on the network would have to made the drive to the same letter for this to work.

I'm getting resistance to the mapped drive idea.

What I am hoping for is a way to either find the network (like Windows Explorer does) or an experienced person to tell me that it's impossible (or impractical).

Thanks in advance.