Re: Alt+Button click and events

Hans Nieser wrote:
On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 11:56 +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
[ ... ]
Ah, but it's not the ALT key I don't see, it's the actual button click/release. That is, the callback simply isn't called, so if I do:

gboolean mouse(GtkWidget *widget, GdkEventButton *event, gpointer nil)
{
    fprintf(stderr, "This is the mouse callback\n");

}

I simply don't see the text on the console when I press the button. Or that is, I know the events are caught in the sense that I do get the printout if I press the button alone, or even along with Ctrl or Shift. But, once Alt is down, I can click away as much as I like, I just don't see anything no matter what.

- Toralf

Could it simply be your windowmanager eating the ALT key presses?
Yes, that's it! I just knew it was something I ought to know about, and that I was looking at the wrong place ;-) I've now changed to a different modifier key in the WM setup, I can see the events quite all right. I probably need to reconsider the way the application using modifiers, though (but I can blame the current setup on someone else), since it's probably quite common that the window manager wants to use Alt.

Alt + motion would still be passed to the app, by the way, which was something that added to my confusion.

Thanks!

- Toralf