RE: Compilation of gtkmain.c file.

--- ritz <khadgaray gmail com> wrote:

> Hello
>
>   i would suggest you to use threads to manage verilog simulator, and
> gui independently.
>
> On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 21:49 -0800, Saravana Kumar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > I am trying to develop a GUI for using it with Verilog Simulator.
> >
> > Verilog Simulator will invoke this main function in my application
> > code and which in turn will call gtk_main function.
> >

> > Whenever it reaches gtk_main, the simulator hangs forever till I do a
> > key/button press. This should not happen since verilog simulator
> > should run independent of this main function call. So I thought of
> > modifying gtk_main function little bit to avoid zero delay loop(which
> > is currently happening in while statement inside gtk_main function and
> > so the simulator hangs).
> >

> > Hope this explains the situation.
> >

> > Please let me know if you need more information.
> >

> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Saravana.

Saravana Kumar,

At all, right GUI as separate process and organize API.

Basically, at the moment you use API and link your own code with
a commercial EDA tool, you lose support in case of crashes -  the support
folks are telling you maybe it's you code that causes segfault.

You can even organize data exchange between the GUI and the simulator
through files - $readmemh works in Verilog (though last year there was
a case (star) that even $readmemh didn't work ...).

With the file solution you do not use Verilog API at all, so you keep
you support.

Regards,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/