Re: lcc-compiler

> I would like to compile gtk+ in Vista with the compiler lcc, how do I do that?

As far as I know nobody uses lcc to compile GTK+ for Windows. The
official binaries are built with gcc ("mingw"), and also Microsoft's
compilers can be used.

You have to work on the task yourself. First learn how to compile it
using gcc, then start using lcc instead (just pass CC=lcc to the
configure script) and see what breaks.

If you don't know what a configure script is, first learn how to build
things like GLib and GTK+ on Linux.

I think lcc has an integrated IDE. If that is what you want to use,
you are even more on your own...

Note that if a lot of things break, and many ugly or intrusive changes
are needed to the sources to make it compile with lcc and/or work when
compiled with lcc, such patches won't necessarily be accepted into the
upstream sources, unless you can give good reasons why one would want
to support a rare compiler like lcc in addition to the ubiquitous gcc
and the "industry standard" Microsoft's compilers. At least, that's my
opinion...

--tml