Re: Does gtk have issues with STL?

Paul Davis wrote:
>   EITHER make GTK/GDK/X11 calls from a single thread only OR
>   use GDK_THREADS_{ENTER,LEAVE} around every (group of) GTK/GDK/X11
>   call(s).

This seems to crop up all the time.  From what I recall, the use of
threads of any kind with GTK on Win32 is not supported, even with the
ENTER/LEAVE calls around every GTK/GDK call.  The only way to use
threads and GTK in win32 is to do the g_idle_add thing to trigger a
callback from the thread.

Usually trying to use threads in GTK in win32 doesn't cause memory
corruption, though, so that's a separate problem, I think.