Problems with g_idle_add....

I'm experiencing instability when I call g_idle_add().

I say [i]instability[/i] because the crashes don't always occur at the same time, so I can't pin them down. But they definitely go away if I comment the g_idle_add call.

Sometimes---not always---the program will output something about "ref_count == 0, but the source is still attached to a context!" in gmain.c. Other times it will just start giving PANGO_IS_FONT assertion failures.

My theory is that this occurs because I'm creating some new widgets inside the idle callback (not always, just under certain conditions), and attaching them to existing widgets. Could this be causing bad behavior?

The alternative is to do that task in main(), interspersed with gtk_main_iteration_do() in a while(1) loop. However, this seems less elegant.