Application development using GTK and GLADE3

Hi All,

I am using Gtk+ 2.12.2 and Glade 3. I create windows using glade3 and use GtkBuilder to create widgets. My application has many windows and each window has a builder object associated with this. At some point of time I have many windows open. I need to change some widgets in one window depending on changes done to other widgets in another window. For example in one window I show a label, the current file selected and if user changes the file using another window which has a file chooser dialog I'll update the label.

This requires pointer to the label. There are multiple dependencies like this. Is there any way that I not maintain global variables and get the pointer to other widgets? I have instances where there are more than two windows open and multiple widget from other windows need to be accessed. Also I cannot have all of them in one builder since I cannot afford to spend memory to create all windows at a time.

How to manage this and access different pointers in different windows?

Regards,
Harinandan S