Gtk widget focus-line "sticks"

Hi,
 I'm using GTK version 2.10 with directfb 1.3 and using the murrine theme engine. This is on a TI DM355, if that matters.

The problem is the focus outline "sticks" on pretty much every widget except for buttons.

So for a typical window with slider bars, combo boxes, and so on, as I move focus through the form using the tab key, each widget draws the focus-line, but never removes it.

By the time I've reached the bottom of the window, it looks like all the widgets have focus.

Hiding and displaying the window again does not reset this behavior.

Any guesses?
Thanks,
Paul